Pacifica provides inpatient acute detoxification service at Doctors Hospital of West Covina, a small, private acute medical hospital accredited by the Joint Commission. In medical terms, detoxification is medical withdrawal management and is best done in an acute medical hospital!! Our detoxification services specialize in managing chronic pain patients who become addicted to their pain medications. Because it is an acute care hospital, we can manage most medical conditions along with the withdrawal symptoms.
Pacifica and Doctors Hospital of West Covina are contracted with most health plans and Medicare to cover this service. Detoxification services provided in psychiatric hospitals mix chemical dependent patients with psychiatric patients.
The state of the art service provides the following:
- Inpatient acute medical withdrawal management
- Specialized medical withdrawal management for chronic pain patients dependent on pain medications
- Treatment for any medical complications associated with detoxification
- Medical withdrawal management from all substances of abuse
- Medical withdrawal management for adults, 18 and older
- Specialized licensed nursing care
- Individualized and personalized treatment
- Confidential, comprehensive and private care
- Certified in the latest medical protocols for narcotic withdrawal management
- Medical Director, family practice, certified by Association for Addiction Medicine
- Medical Director is certified to prescribe suboxone or subutex for narcotic withdrawal management